SMC - Interpersonal Communication
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two weeks in one

+12
*pineapples and oranges*
~butterflykiss~
BabyBear1
jelly314
Bernard
harley22
Maverick
polarbear
seeknpeek
tweeter
lovex14x7
Admin
16 posters

Go down

Two weeks in one Empty Two weeks in one

Post  Admin Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:49 am

I totally spaced setting up the discussion week until now. So I have decided to blend it into next week as well. Still answer my question(s) posted plus two additional posts. Remember the idea is to discover other people in the class so ask questions and respond accordingly. Also try to participate more than the minimum. It makes the discussions more interesting. I am finding this idea is not taking off like I thought. Maybe it is my fault for not keeping up with it, but the interaction is not what I thought.

Give me your opinion. Should we scrap this idea or keep it?

Admin
Admin

https://smc-f08.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Two weeks in one Empty Re: Two weeks in one

Post  lovex14x7 Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:40 pm

I think we should keep it!! I like it a lot Smile
lovex14x7
lovex14x7

Back to top Go down

Post  tweeter Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:12 pm

I think it is a good idea, just have to figure out how to get more people talking so we can figure everyone out. Some names I continuously see answer almost every question and then there are names i am rarely seeing at all.
I understand everyone can be busy, though as part of the class and learning the concepts of how to deal with all forms of communications, this should be an interesting way for people to talk without having the pressures that would make them resort to thier hidden self and let them use thier openself a little more.
tweeter
tweeter

Back to top Go down

Two weeks in one Empty TWO WEEKS IN ONE

Post  seeknpeek Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:03 pm

I too, think we should keep it. It is very interesting to me how the people in the class respond to various questions. If nothing else, this is first rate interpersonal communication in that people can more openly discuss their feelings and thoughts, which is prime interpersonal communication.
seeknpeek
seeknpeek

Back to top Go down

Post  polarbear Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:07 am

I think we should scrap the idea, It reminds me alot of when I went to the University of Pheonix online and all my work had to be done in a forum or blog. I didn't like the idea so I decided to attend a actual class room atmosphere. It is a good idea to have so people in the class can communicate if they choose, but the forum should not count as a participation grade because I attend class to participate. Perhaps the forum could be a one time assignment when we get to the point of nondirect internet communication, or maybe we could score the forum as extra credit for those who wish to communicate in the forum meeting the 2posts a week criteria.

polarbear

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:21 pm

I find it hard to do for some reason even though I don't mind doing it. I am always doing it the night before it is due. So if everyone wants to keep it, that's fine with me.

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post  harley22 Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:59 pm

I really like it. I think that the questions and the answers that come up are very interesting and Im begining to figure out who some people are...maybe.

harley22

Back to top Go down

Post  Bernard Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:28 pm

I think that we should keep it. I dont respond much, but Ill try to respond more. Sorry!

Bernard

Back to top Go down

Two weeks in one Empty forum

Post  jelly314 Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:44 pm

i think we should scrap it. the forum is good for conversation but not good for getting to know people. i think we should do activities more in class to get know each other better.

jelly314

Back to top Go down

Post  BabyBear1 Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:09 pm

I think the forum is great for communicating with each other. It's very informative, but it's not helping me discover who people are. I honestly don't know anyone else's alter ego except for my own. I like the forum but it's actually pointless when it comes to figuring out who is who. I don't even know the real names of most of the students in the class.
BabyBear1
BabyBear1

Back to top Go down

Two weeks in one Empty 2 in 1

Post  ~butterflykiss~ Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:29 am

I think we should scrap it. Im just not into it at all, its just not fun to me...sorry
~butterflykiss~
~butterflykiss~

Back to top Go down

Post  *pineapples and oranges* Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:18 pm

I think we should keep, but we definatley need to get more conversations going.
*pineapples and oranges*
*pineapples and oranges*

Back to top Go down

Post  91tsiawd Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:44 am

I think we should keep it,i think we need to get a little more personal questions, or some more intresting questions.
91tsiawd
91tsiawd

Back to top Go down

Two weeks in one Empty keep.

Post  French Vanilla. Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:11 pm

i think we should keep it. it will come along. =]

French Vanilla.

Back to top Go down

Post  suz Q Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:37 pm

i think that it is fun and that the idea and thought behind it is great but i dont think that we are all taking it as seriously as maybe you did when you first did this in class kris. i dont know if we sould scrap it but maybe make it more of a chanllenge. maybe have something that we could win or accomplish by guessing everyones alter person.
suz Q
suz Q

Back to top Go down

Two weeks in one Empty Keep Forum?

Post  polishwoman Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:40 pm

I find it difficult to get to a computer at my local library or after I.P.C. class. Last week we went to 9:30, and I totally spaced because I was so tired, so I didn't get to one until now. Personnally, I don't find it that interesting. Maybe because i have made a big mistake thinking I could go to school full time and still work full time, even through the weekends. I do, however, love the interaction between students and you, Kris, in this class.
polishwoman
polishwoman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down