SMC - Interpersonal Communication
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sarah Palin

+5
jelly314
harley22
tweeter
lovex14x7
Maverick
9 posters

Go down

Sarah Palin Empty Sarah Palin

Post  Maverick Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:31 pm

I recently was with a group of friends and I was telling them how I had watched the VP debate. I told them that even though I wasn't quite sure about her I found her to be down to earth and maybe it was good that she was more like the average American people. This made many angry and me feel like I was stupid for saying this. What do you think? No hard feelings.

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Sarah Palin Empty Re: Sarah Palin

Post  lovex14x7 Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:12 pm

I don't really have feelings, good or bad, about her.

BUT, I do not like when people are rude towards her and putting her down.
lovex14x7
lovex14x7

Back to top Go down

Post  tweeter Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:24 pm

I have to admit that I first watched the "SNL" version of Sarah Palin played by Tina Fey, prior to actually watching the real interviews. And because of the portrayal performed by Tina Fey, is the only real reason I wanted to watch the interviews to see how Sarah Palin actually responded to the questions. Unfortunately, Tina Fey did not have a hard act to follow since the answers that were used on SNL were the EXACT answers that Palin herself used in the interviews with actual reporters!

With answers like "I will have to get back with you on that one" and "I can see Russia from my house" as diplomatic answers, makes really nervous! Answers like this makes me wonder if she is really in touch with the people from today. McCain is far from in touch with the low to middle class of people and in fact are giving huge tax breaks to people that make more money! With answers given like this seems to be following the current President when the mishaps of September 11, 2001 happened and he decided to continue reading to the children of the school instead of worrying about National Security! From what I can see, electing McCain/Palin to the office would be four more years of what we are already continuing to do.....go downhill!

Now not to say that Obama/Biden is any better, but i do see where they are in touch with people like you and me a bit more than McCain/Palin. Found in the Parade (suppliment to the Sunday South Bend Tribune), the following would be the tax savings under thier plan if they were able to pass thier reform.

If you make....... Obama's Plan McCain's Plan
your average tax savings would be....

Less than $19,000 --- $567 --- $21
$19,000 to $37,600 --- $892 --- $118
$37,600 to $66,400 --- $1118 --- $325
$66,400 to $111,600 --- $1264 --- $994
$111,600 to $161,000 --- $2135 --- $2584
$161,000 to $227,000 --- $2796 --- $4437

amount to pay amount you would save
$227,000 to $603,400 --- $121 --- $8159
$603,400 to $2.87 million --- $93,709 --- $48,862
more than $2.87 million --- $542,882 --- $290,708

So the more you make under McCain's plan, the more money you don't have to pay in taxes.....how is this helping the poor to middle class? When I have to worry about paying my bills on time, putting food in my house, fuel in my car and yet to pay Uncle Sam from my hard earned money, yet they want me to continue paying more when the richer people get more of a tax break so they can keep more of thier money? This is not in touch with the majority of the United State's people. If you are able to have that much money, then you should also be able to pay more for the taxes and let some of us that are barely making it, keep some of thier money!

There are problems with both campaigns, but I am seeing more problems from the McCain/Palin administration as another four years under the Bush policies. We are already in a recession (according to former federal employees) and the unemployment rate is higher than it has been in many many years. I think we just all need to elect Hillary Clinton as president and show Washington that we as the people get to decide who is going to be in Washington, not who the parties decide or how they wish to run it because that is what benefits them. Let the word of the United States People actually be heard for once!!!! Mad

Last edited by tweeter on Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : table clarification)
tweeter
tweeter

Back to top Go down

Sarah Palin Empty Palin

Post  harley22 Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:54 pm

I think that Palin seems like a great person. She seems hard working and devoted but I'm not sure that I would want her as president if anything happens to McCain. I think that Biden fits the role as VP better but then again maybe Palin is the change we need. I just wish she had been more confident in her answers.

harley22

Back to top Go down

Sarah Palin Empty sarah palin

Post  jelly314 Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:48 pm

i think sarah palin is a good person and does want the best for our country BUT i am not so sure that she is ready to help run our country.. i know it is not good to listen to the media but it really doesnt seem like she has enough experience.

jelly314

Back to top Go down

Post  BabyBear1 Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:55 pm

Even though I don't want John McCain to become the president, I think Sarah Palin is great. She has good ideas and best of all she is a WOMAN. I'm happy to see a woman running in this election. It's too bad that she isn't running with Obama because he is getting my vote.
BabyBear1
BabyBear1

Back to top Go down

Post  Worldfinalistbabe Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:47 am

I think Sarah Palin would make a great VP. If McCain wins the election and something were to ever happen to him I would want no one else but Sarah Palin for President.

Worldfinalistbabe

Back to top Go down

Post  suz Q Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:44 pm

i think that she is very down to earth and what this country needs right now. but i still wont vote.
suz Q
suz Q

Back to top Go down

Sarah Palin Empty Sarah Palin

Post  polishwoman Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:50 pm

Dear Maverick: Why should other person's opinions about what you said be so important? No one can make you feel stupid unless you give them permission to do so. Everyone has an opinion, and a choice about candidates in this election. I voted today, and it wasn't for the Republican ticket. I think Palin is down to earth too, but with McCains' poor health, I don't think she has enough experience from bing a gov. for 2yrs to end up being our President by default. I hope and pray that Obama and Biden will be our new political leaders!
polishwoman
polishwoman

Back to top Go down

Post  Worldfinalistbabe Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:56 am

Polishwoman... Yes McCain has bad health... but what about the posibility of Obama being assasinated.. I pray that it will never happen.. But he has already had threats made to him by haters. I would much rather Palin over Biden for VP. non of that matters now since Obama has been elected but Im just saying..

Worldfinalistbabe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum