SMC - Interpersonal Communication
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Somber subject

+9
BabyBear1
harley22
petie10
~butterflykiss~
Worldfinalistbabe
seeknpeek
tweeter
lovex14x7
Admin
13 posters

Go down

Somber subject Empty Somber subject

Post  Admin Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:58 pm

Unfortunately this will be a somber subject this week. I recently found out that one of our friends in class died in a car accident Wednesday. It is sad to think she will not be here with us anymore. She will be missed. She was only 18 and I am sure had many plans or things she wanted to do before she died. So with that in mind I ask you to think ouf your "bucket list". If you were not here next week what would be your biggest regret?

Admin
Admin

https://smc-f08.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Somber subject Empty Re: Somber subject

Post  lovex14x7 Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:27 pm

I heard about this today, she is in another one of my classes.
It's such a tragic matter.

anyways, my bucket list is basically i would regret telling everyone how much they mean to me. Everyone i associate with means something to me in one way or another, and I don't know if i show that enough.
lovex14x7
lovex14x7

Back to top Go down

Post  tweeter Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:06 am

That is sad to hear that she is no longer with us at such a young age. My prayers go out to her family and friends.

My bucket list would probably include more along the lines of failing to maintain the level of friendships that I had once had with some friends, that I didn't stay as close of friends because of things in life. Moving away, school, working, relationships, have all taken thier toll in some way on how i responded to being a friend. On a personal note, i would have regretted not seeing more of the world. Scuba diving, parachute jumping, seeing different cultures and countries. The other thing I would probably regret if I was not here next week would be telling everyone how much they mean to me, whether as family, as friend, or just everyday people I communicate everyday. I believe that everyone comes into your life for one reason or another, you just don't know why yet...
tweeter
tweeter

Back to top Go down

Somber subject Empty RE Somber Subject

Post  seeknpeek Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:44 pm

While I was in class on Friday I learned about her death. It sorta hit me because I am getting to spend alot of time at the Niles campus and was getting to know her and a few of the others in our class. My prayers are definately with her, both families involved and with my fellow classmates.

I believe the one thing in life that I will always regret is that I wanted to get to know my father better then I had. He was an alcoholic and at a young age my mom left him and moved to another state. Over the years, as an adult, I tried to get him to stop drinking. Because he wouldn't, it affected alot of our person relationship.
seeknpeek
seeknpeek

Back to top Go down

Post  Worldfinalistbabe Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:32 am

I heard about this on Thursday.. It was really shocking to me. I go through my life.. with an attitude that nothing bad can happen to me.. but really the truth is we never know when our last day of life will be. This event really made me think of how fragile life can be. I didn't get to talk to her much but I still feel really sad about what happened. My prayers are with her family and friends.
I honestly.. don't know how to answer this question. I don't know what I would regret if I weren't here next week or even tmro. It's too hard for me to think about.. because I couldn't imagine being able to talk to my boyfriend or my bestfriend one day.. and the next never being able to talk to or see them again. Its heart breaking. Crying or Very sad

Worldfinalistbabe

Back to top Go down

Somber subject Empty Somber

Post  ~butterflykiss~ Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:22 am

*My prayers are with her & the family as well. I know she is safe with god.*

I want to see my son finish school and make something of himself before I pass. I want to get the job of my dreams. I want to get married and add one more to our family also.
~butterflykiss~
~butterflykiss~

Back to top Go down

Somber subject Empty somber subject

Post  petie10 Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:24 am

Well unfortunately I have not heard anything of this until now, I'm truly sorry for all of her and all families and friends involved, someone somewhere needed her and hopefully she is safe and being taken care of.

My bucket list would be to have made some type of lasting impression on all the people in my lifeto where they would smile if they thought of me and to never forget me for who I am. I try to live with no regrets on a daily basis but I can't make everyday perfect for everyone.
petie10
petie10

Back to top Go down

Post  harley22 Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:21 pm

I just heard about this yesterday...it really makes you stop and think about what you have and appreciate life a whole lot more. At least she is safe and in a good place.
I would want everyone to know how much I love them. I would tell my brother how proud I am of him as well as my dad. Before I die I hope I get the opportunity to see my mom walk again on her own. I wouldnt change anything about my life or regret anything Ive ever done. I think its important to be ready so everything is already in order for if it ever happens, I dont want my family to have to worry about the small stuff and just have time to grieve.

harley22

Back to top Go down

Post  BabyBear1 Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:22 pm

That is very sad. It really makes me wonder how much time I have left.

Before I die I would like to have a better relationship with my mother.
BabyBear1
BabyBear1

Back to top Go down

Post  suz Q Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:32 pm

I didnt get to know her very well but what i knew she was one of the nicest people i have ever meet. she will be missed greatly. My bucket list regret would be....... that i havent been there for my friends when they needed me the most. i have been there for them in the past but latly i have been slacking and i feel like a dickhead because of it. my only regret would be that i didnt give all that i had to the people that needed me the most.
suz Q
suz Q

Back to top Go down

Somber subject Empty Bucket List

Post  polishwoman Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:01 pm

I am so sad about losing a classmate! The only regret I would have would not being able to spen enough time with my grandson, Will, and grandaughter, Aliyah, both who live out of state.
polishwoman
polishwoman

Back to top Go down

Post  91tsiawd Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:24 pm

My prayers go out to her and her family and everyone who knew her. Im still trying to figure out who she is
My bucket list would be to have a better relationship with my family before i get old and they pass.
91tsiawd
91tsiawd

Back to top Go down

Somber subject Empty somber subject

Post  jelly314 Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:05 pm

its really hard to believe this happens, death doesnt make sense to me....she didnt get to accomplish her life goals and that is really to bad. my prayers go out to her and her family.
the one goal that i have to accomplish before i die is to make a good life for my daughter. my parents didnt give me much to work with so my goal is to give her opportunities

jelly314

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down