SMC - Interpersonal Communication
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new thought

+12
polishwoman
harley22
seeknpeek
French Vanilla.
azbound2010
BabyBear1
blacksheep
petie10
lovex14x7
85sunkistcaprice
91tsiawd
Admin
16 posters

Go down

A new thought Empty A new thought

Post  Admin Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:34 pm

We just remembered 9/11. What do you remember about that day? Reflect on that day and tell us about it. Talk about the feelings you felt that day and the days following the tragedy.

Admin
Admin

https://smc-f08.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

A new thought Empty Re: A new thought

Post  91tsiawd Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:08 pm

Well i was in 7th grade at the time that it happened... We watched a breif moment of it on our class room t.v's then the principle made the teachers turn off the t.v so i didn't really know what was going on
91tsiawd
91tsiawd

Back to top Go down

A new thought Empty 9-11

Post  85sunkistcaprice Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:25 pm

I was in 10th grade when it happened. We were in math class and all of a sudden the classroom tv came on.The teacher stopped teaching and everyone started watching tv.I remembered being in shock like this really can't be happening.This is the U.S.A and that stuff like this does'nt happend.When they said that they were being held up with box cutters I remember thinking and saying out loud that thats crazy I'd rather get cut up then to sit there and and die. It was crazy I watched one of the towers get struck and collaspe. It was unreal I kept thinking this is a joke right? When I got out of school everyone was at the gas station getting gas.The lines were so long, gas was like $1.25 and I thought to myself That's so high. People were going to the store buying supplies and water. I kept thinking who is next? I cant believe that it's been 7 years. That was a very scary time in history.

85sunkistcaprice

Back to top Go down

Post  lovex14x7 Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:45 am

I was in my 6th grade social studies class. I remember not really knowing how big of a deal it was. My teacher was freaking out cause his daughers parents in law were going to be on the flight that hit the towers [something happened and they changed flights]. Then i heard there was also a plane that hit in PA close to Pittsburgh I freaking. My cousin worked at PPG downtown Pittsburgh and i was scared it hit there. Everyone was in shock at the school the rest of the day. My life skills teacher didnt teach and had us watch a movie, to get away from it.
lovex14x7
lovex14x7

Back to top Go down

Post  petie10 Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:58 pm

I was at work when I had realized that on the news they were showing how the events were unfolding, I was'nt truly sure of what to think of it all, however the aftermath and vivid images will never go away---Has anyone seen the Micheal Moore perspective on this? Very interesting to say the least
petie10
petie10

Back to top Go down

Post  blacksheep Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:19 pm

I was in my first class of the day at LMC. My friend came in and told us that a plane had hit one of the towers in New York. We all kind of thought he was joking, but then the teacher wheeled in a tv and we all sat and watched. We got to see the second tower get hit. It was scary. We talked very breifly about it. No one really knew what to think or say. I was hard to believe what we were seeing. They told us they were canceling classes for the day and that we should all go home. I called my mom at work as soon as I got home. My younger brothers were at school as well that day and I just wanted to know what I should do. I was uspet and scared and didn't really want to be at home by myself. I ended up driving to my grandparents house until my parents got off work.
blacksheep
blacksheep

Back to top Go down

A new thought Empty 9/11

Post  BabyBear1 Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:40 pm

I was in 8th grade on that day. We were in our American government class so the television was always tuned to CNN. I really didn't know too much about the twin towers at the time, but watching seeing a plane hit one of the buildings was devastating. The event really opened my eyes to the conflicts that America has with other countries. It's very sad that so many people had to lose their lives because of the hatred against our country.
BabyBear1
BabyBear1

Back to top Go down

A new thought Empty 9/11

Post  azbound2010 Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:45 pm

I was carpooling with a buddy to work that morning. I remember we were arguing about Michael Jordan coming out of retirement for the one thousandth time. He was a big Jordan fan and I thought he should stay out of the limelight. A couple hours after we got to work I heard the first plane struck. I remember thinking it was a confused pilot, an air traffic control person was asleep on the job or something. I did not believe it was an attack. Then the second plane hit and I knew it was not an accident. After the initial shock of the day and all the news came out. I was angry and sad at the same time. I wanted to do something. Sign up for the military, go to NY to help with the rescue efforts, something. I am not sure I would have been able to help much, but I did nothing and I regret it. Every year I watch the 9/11 documentary I bought and I remember that day. I remember how it felt to see so many people scared.
azbound2010
azbound2010

Back to top Go down

A new thought Empty 9.11.

Post  French Vanilla. Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:46 pm

i was in 6th grade at the time. i was late for school & nobody was in the hallways. i remember one of the other teachers yelling to me to get in my classroom. i even had to take my bag & all that in there because i didn't have time to put anything away. i got into the classroom & there it was. on tv. playing over & over again. we talked about it most of the day. when i got home, it was on every news station. it played for like a week straight. i really feel so bad for the people who lost family member's & friends in this tragedy. i'm lucky i didn't.

French Vanilla.

Back to top Go down

A new thought Empty 911

Post  seeknpeek Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:58 pm

I was at home watching the morning news when the channel broke away. The thing that I remember the most was watching the second airliner hitting the second tower. I became very sad, concerned of the "not knowing" what exactly was happening and somewhat fearfull that some country was declaring was on the USA.
seeknpeek
seeknpeek

Back to top Go down

Post  harley22 Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:18 am

I skipped school to go with my mom to the vet. The vet came in and told us what had happened.

harley22

Back to top Go down

A new thought Empty RE: 9/11

Post  polishwoman Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:21 pm

When 9/11 happened, my ex-husband, who is Egyptian, was in Michigan visiting our children at my house. He had flown to N.Y. with his crew on EGYPT AIR, who he still works for as the crew supervisor. My kids were driving him to So. Bend Airport when the two planes hit the Twin Towers, and then all the airports were shut down. When i asked him who did this, he immediatly answered, Osama bin laden, because he knew first hand about the Palestinian Intifada, and the killing of women and children by israeli bombs, and nothing even being said about it by the U.S. And when he finally was able to get a flight out of So. Bend to Detroit to get a connection to N.Y. and return to his crew, he was detained and interigated by Detroit police because he was wearing his crew Officer's uniform, and was an Arab. The FBI in Detroit telephone me that night to see if he really was my ex-husband, and was he a terrorist. Within an hour of that phone call the FBI from N.Y. City telephoned me, because they interigated the Egypt Air crew that was grounded in their hotel, and Waiting for my ex-husband, Khaled, to get back. I'm positive my phone has been tapped since then, and probably still is, because I was married to an Arab from Egypt, where some of the 9/11 hijackers were recruited from. To make a long story shorter, I telephoned my children's father last week, and asked why he hasn't been back to the States since that time. He told me that his father, who is now deceased, made him promise not to return to this "dangerous country" that interregated him for three days, and wouldn't allow him to leave jail until he paid $20K in owed child support to the State of Michigan. That money was paid within 24 hours by his family( and was actually over $40K in Egyptian pounds)because it was reported in a Cairo newspaper that he was being interigated as a suspected hijacker, and could be executed.
polishwoman
polishwoman

Back to top Go down

Post  Worldfinalistbabe Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:58 pm

I was in 7th grade at the time. We had just finished watching channel one news in my science class and the principal told all the teachers to leave all the tvs in the building off. I didn't really think anything of it.. when it was time to switch classes my geography teacher had the tv on in her room and it was on a news channel and I saw it. It made me scared and I couldn't believe that it was happening. Then the next day Channel One news showed nothing but footage of the attacks. I remembering crying in school both days because of how upset it made me. I feel sorry for all the people who lost loved ones in this tragedy.

Worldfinalistbabe

Back to top Go down

A new thought Empty 9-11

Post  tweeter Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:28 pm

9/11 is still currently a very hard day for me to get through. As long as I don't get to thinking about it as much, I can normally get past the day without having any problems.
tweeter
tweeter

Back to top Go down

Post  Mindbender Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:36 pm

I am a bit late but here it is.

I worked 3rd shift so I was just in haze of sleep when I heard this going on. My thoughts much like the others was noway!! My immediate reactions are put up a barrier and do not let it bother you but it crept in anyway and proved to be very tragic for the nation and especially those directly involved.

The world itself was in chaos before it happened and will continue to get a little more out of control with each passing minute. It is all a result of the corrupt human soul not just in Americans but of the whole world. We all want to view life in a better light but that light is getting harder and harder to find in a dying world. I know this sounds negative but I am actually a very positive person. It is just depressing when human depravity goes so far as to take other lives.
Mindbender
Mindbender

Back to top Go down

Post  *pineapples and oranges* Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:33 pm

I was in 6th grade in english...i got a pass to the office...my grandma was there to pick up my siblings and i and we went home and watched it on tv as a family...
*pineapples and oranges*
*pineapples and oranges*

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down