SMC - Interpersonal Communication
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legalize pot?

+7
polarbear
91tsiawd
lovex14x7
BabyBear1
~butterflykiss~
*pineapples and oranges*
85sunkistcaprice
11 posters

Go down

Legalize pot? Empty Legalize pot?

Post  85sunkistcaprice Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:52 pm

Im not sure how many people are with me on this,but should pot be made legal? I think so. How many people have you heard of that overdosed from it? None that's how many. It's not a man made drug like meth and crack, the courts and the police still consider it a drug. You don't lose your teeth your not goig to sell everything in your house to get it and your not going to break into your neighbors house to steal all their stuff to get it. It's not that type of drug. In other countrys it legal to to a certain amount to have it. It grows in cornfields and in peoples back yards< but they still put people in jail for it. I think one of the reasons why the government won't make it legal is because they put a tax on it like they do with cigarettes and the acohol.It's not like you can go into the store and ask for a pack of joints.You know why?The government s not going to get their share of the profit.You could grow it anywhere. Im not saying that kids should be able to smoke,but that happens. if that had a legal limit for it like they do everything else maybe they would be able to control it better ibstead of think of it like a problem.They already made it legal for people who are really sick so they might aqs well do it for everyone else.

85sunkistcaprice

Back to top Go down

Legalize pot? Empty Re: Legalize pot?

Post  *pineapples and oranges* Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:05 pm

i definately agree with you...you really cant overdose on pot and if you do its the munchies then bed time...lol...the way the media shows it everywhere all the time you would think it was legal, but its not...and it is all natural its not like you crush it down and add other ingredients for the high...i firmly believe alcohol alters your brain more than pot does but alcohols legal and people drink it everyday...why not be able to come home from a longs days work and smoke a fat hooter...people would just have to use thier judgement like they do with alcohol and no when not to or what your limit is to still function...and its not at all as addicting as some of them other drugs out there that do cause people to do irrational things that they would never do if they were using proper judgement...
*pineapples and oranges*
*pineapples and oranges*

Back to top Go down

Post  ~butterflykiss~ Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:21 pm

As long as it isn't around children, i don't mind it Very Happy
~butterflykiss~
~butterflykiss~

Back to top Go down

Post  BabyBear1 Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:53 pm

I could imagine what the world would come to if pot became legal. cheers
BabyBear1
BabyBear1

Back to top Go down

Post  lovex14x7 Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:54 pm

~butterflykiss~ wrote:As long as it isn't around children, i don't mind it Very Happy

I agree.
lovex14x7
lovex14x7

Back to top Go down

Post  91tsiawd Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:10 am

it all has its pros and cons. i really dont care if its leagal or not..to me drinking is more dangerous
91tsiawd
91tsiawd

Back to top Go down

Post  polarbear Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:13 pm

The only reason marijuana should be legalized is so the government can tax it. I am not saying I condone smoking marijuana but many people already do. Our jails are full of people convicted of marijuana related crimes, and by taxing such a commodity America would be able to get out of this recession by bringing in billions of extra dollars a year and opening up thousands of new jobs.

polarbear

Back to top Go down

Legalize pot? Empty Legal Pot

Post  azbound2010 Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:53 pm

The benefit of legal pot would be the taxation and the release of many prisoners that are doing time for possession. The problem is it is refered to as a gateway drug. This means it sometimes leads to other drugs, more dangerous drugs. If pot was legal then the number of addicted people using cocaine or heroin. Plus how many people would sleep in or miss appointments because they were too high? Sleep
azbound2010
azbound2010

Back to top Go down

Legalize pot? Empty Legalize Pot?

Post  polishwoman Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:14 pm

Although I don't smoke the stuff (I'm allergic to any kind of smoke) because it interacts with some meds I take, I think it should be legalized for those folks who grow it on their own property- which is very easy to do. I actually had a small "volunteer" plant come up in my herb garden, believe it or not. Yes, I agree, the only reason that the government want to make it illegal is because they cannot tax it. California has voted to legalize pot-gosh, it's been there since the 60's, and I believe it is used as an "Holy Herb" by some American Indian tribes. Some of you may not remember about the murder of Tom and Rolly, the owners of Rainbow Farms, in early September of 01. Tom was a good friend to my son, and made everyone leave the campground when he knew what was going to happen. I'm so glad that the county prosecutor at the time(Teter)was defeated in the primary for a judge in Cass County. He'll have to face judgement at the end of his earthly life--if his Karma hasn't already caught up with him. He's the one who wanted all the publicity, and called in the FBI to escalate the situation. I have a copy of the book, "The Burning of Rainbow Farms", if you need to get hold of a copy.
polishwoman
polishwoman

Back to top Go down

Post  april77 Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:49 pm

Yes , I strongly agree that pot should be legalized. It helps out with the pain for cancer patients. Hospitals perscribe it to cancer patients anyway even though its illegal. i have been around it my whole life. I dont mind it as long as people dont let it become a priority in their life. But what I have a problem with is that alcohol is legal but pot isn't. Alcohol can kill people when they abuse it. Pot doesnt kill a person when they abuse it.

april77

Back to top Go down

Post  Mindbender Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:39 pm

I'm actually a big fan of marijuana however I'm at a point in my life where it can no longer aid the situation in fact it probably never did. It was always my favorite drug of choice the problem is the effects of pot are pretty severe really when it comes to normal functionality and interaction between people especially on a commercial level or work level.

I agree totally that alcohol is much worse then marijuana but the herb has a much different effect then does the drink and we could probably not forsee all its troubles it would bring. It does permanent damage to your emotions through the brain and it also robs the energy of the body in most cases not to mention it also creates a mucus membrane around your short term memory cells/receptors and causes memory loss because the electrodes can not get through sufficiently.

It was still my best friend for 15 years it seems:) We still get in arguments from time to time Rolling Eyes jocolor Sleep
Mindbender
Mindbender

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum