SMC - Interpersonal Communication
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Johari Window

+12
Mindbender
suz Q
tweeter
polarbear
~butterflykiss~
Worldfinalistbabe
petie10
85sunkistcaprice
lovex14x7
seeknpeek
harley22
Admin
16 posters

Go down

Johari Window Empty Johari Window

Post  Admin Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:11 am

This week we will talk about Self-Awareness and the Johari Window. The basis is there are four selfs in each individual. The "Open Self" or the information about yourself you share with others, the "Hidden Self" which is information you know about yourself, but others do not know. The "Blind Self" this is the information about yourself that you do not know, but others know about. Finally, the "Unknown Self" is the information that neither you or others know about you.

I would like you to take this opportunity to share something about yourself that you and everyone knows "Open Self"
I would like you to share something about your self that you would not tell a complete stranger, but are willing to share as long as you can hide behind your alter ego, "Hidden Self"
Finally, share an example of the "Blind Self" with a story of someone you know that does not know something about oneself, but it is obvious to you and others around you.

I will start.

Open Self - I love discussing things like Religion, Philosophy and other mysteries of the Universe
Hidden Self - I have been an Atheist for over 10 years I had a new found faith. I am not sure I believe in a God yet, but I have found faith in a soul. This was a discovery I had after many debates during a Philosophy class I thought.
Blind Self - I have a friend that I have known for over 20 years. One fact I know about him is he is a cameleon. By that I mean without his conscious awareness he mimics his surrounding group in likes, dislikes, music and a little bit with political affiliation. He seems phoney, but he does not realize he does it. He just follows the mob rule even if the mob is one person.

Admin
Admin

https://smc-f08.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Johari Window Empty Re: Johari Window

Post  harley22 Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:26 am

Openself-I love being outside. I would rather be doing something out doors like camping, hiking, kayaking, skiing all those kinds of things.
Hiddenself-I love sitting back and just listening to what other people have to say....you really learn a lot of dirt about people!
Blindself-I have a friend that is a total people pleaser. This friend is always changing so that she makes everyone around her happy. It tends to get really annoying and she wont listen to us when we tell her. It has become a problem, she has even had a couple people take advantage of her but I guess she will have to learn in her own time.

harley22

Back to top Go down

Johari Window Empty JAHARI WINDOW

Post  seeknpeek Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:28 pm

The Open Self - Usually quiet, can be outgoing once comfortable in a situation. Polite. Voices my opinion. Enjoys nature and being with family members. I also can laugh at a good joke. Laughing
The Blind Self - Hard headed when it comes to discussing my views. I am softening on this.
The Hidden Self - I would say that one of my hidden traits is I tend to get defensive when in discussions and I don't agree with what is happening. I am trying to realize that people have many thoughts that are different then mine. I am realizing that I don't have to be defensive, that all I have to do is not agree.
The Unknown Self - By habit and the way I was raised, I tend to open doors, say yes sir and no sir and thank you and no thank you without even thinking about it.

Last edited by seeknpeek on Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
seeknpeek
seeknpeek

Back to top Go down

Post  lovex14x7 Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:48 pm

I hope i did this right =]

The open self - I am kinda shy at first, but once you get me talking I will not know when to shut up and a lot of people find it annoying. I love sports, my family members come to me when they have a question about something with sports and I usually have an answer for them or know where to find it.
The hidden self - I have a hard time trusting people because i am scared of being laughed at for what i do or don't agree with or believe with, depending on the topic, which is part of why I am shy.
The unkown self - I know someone who use to be a really good friend of mine, but she basically changed to get new friends. She won't even talk to me now. I have tryed but she just does not return the favor. I don't think she is aware of how much she changed and how much it hurt myself and our other friends. I almost hate the fact that I ever called her a friend, but I think it made me think more to never do that to my friends.
lovex14x7
lovex14x7

Back to top Go down

Johari Window Empty Re:johari window

Post  85sunkistcaprice Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:38 pm

OpenSelf: Im a funny person that likes to tell my opinion, Im known to run my mouth which sometimes gets me in trouble as does my temper which sometimes I hype myself up over nothing when I think that someone has done something wrong to me
HiddenSelf:I dont really trust too many people because Ive been lied to alot.I dont like to go to crowded places where people are drinking because I know If someone says the wrong think or does the wrong thing I going to be the first one to throw a punch
UnknownSelf:I know some one who because she moved a few miles from town hangs with a girl that she cant stand because all her friends stay in town. She has already told me that the girl cant be trusted and that she does is start drama, but because she is cut off from her circle of friends they are now the best of buds. I cant be around someone that i dont like or trust when you try to tell them your secrets the whole world will know then you wont have noone to blame but yourself. Did i do this right? Im not sure

85sunkistcaprice

Back to top Go down

Post  petie10 Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:04 am

Very Happy Open Self--love to make people laugh!! I love to brighten up anyones day who is'nt having a good one!
Rolling Eyes Hidden self--let's see I do not reveal anything about me because i have alot of conflict with myself or them so it's much easier to just keep to myself!
Suspect Blind self-This is where its quite difficult--People tell me how good I am @ whatever I try to do, or what a good person I am no matter what(and no I'm not just saying my family-geez) but I like to be very mysterious--so I'm not sure thats what your looking for??
petie10
petie10

Back to top Go down

Post  Worldfinalistbabe Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:53 pm

Open Self- I love hanging out with my friends and listening to music.. I don't know what I would do with out either of them. I love sports. I am a shy person when it comes to talking to new ppl.
Hidden Self- I can be a jealous person at times.. and I overanylize a lot of things that happen in my life..
Blind Self- I have a friend that is really bossy. If she wants to do something with me she will say be here at this time and and at this place.. rather than asking if I want to let alone if I'm even able to. It gets really annoying because if I tell her Im unable to she gets angry and wont talk to me for a while. Me and a couple of my other friends she does this too tried talking to her about it once but she got really angry and didn't talk to us for a month because she said she wasn't being bossy at all and that we were being stupid and self centered.

Worldfinalistbabe

Back to top Go down

Post  ~butterflykiss~ Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:37 pm

open self= I'm a girly girl, who loves to laugh & have fun.
hidden self= I had a rough childhood and I still struggle a bit today with drugs/alcohol
blind self= Since I was a little girl, Ive been told i am beautiful, and i still don't see it
~butterflykiss~
~butterflykiss~

Back to top Go down

Post  polarbear Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:59 pm

open self: I will talk to anybody about almost anything, I am not shy about anything although I do like to choose my audience and tone.
hidden self: I have done and seen many things in my life I will not talk about, some may be illegal, some just immoral. Many people judge me because I do not believe in a higher power, so I try to avoid those types of conversations but I am not shy to talk about them.
blind self: some people tell me I am very frivolous with money.

polarbear

Back to top Go down

Johari Window Empty this is hard one

Post  tweeter Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:23 pm

Open Self - I am continuously thinking of many things at once. Normally at least five different subjects are going on in my head at once.
Hidden Self - When things do not go as they are planned, i tend to get frustrated. I don't normally let it show in public that it gets to me, but internally it is a major roadblock into my thinking.
Blind Self - A friend of mine likes to continue to do things or use certain nicknames, when I have addressed issues with them. Whether they know they still do it and it irratates me and others, they do it because they want to, without consideration to others.
tweeter
tweeter

Back to top Go down

Post  suz Q Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:50 pm

OPEN. I TRY TO BE FUNNY AND NICE TO MOST EVERYONE.
HIDDEN. I AM A BIG SOFTY
BLIND. I AM THE REASON OF HOW MY BEST FRIENDS GIRLFRIEND FOUND OUT THAT HE CHEATED ON HER. EVERYONE BUT HIM KNOWS THAT I LET IT OUT.
suz Q
suz Q

Back to top Go down

Post  Mindbender Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:54 pm

Open Self - I am a very logical thinker with a skepticsm that can be very healthy and if overindulged very unhealthy. I have a open mind when it comes to most issues but I believe in absolute truth as well.

Hidden Self - I ponder many things eternal but find it hard to apply eternal principles to my life because deception is so darn persuasive.

Blind Self - I have a friend who acts like it is cool to be irresponsible wether it is making babies or plain just living for each day and not providing for his tomorrow. Inside you can tell he struggles like everyone else with remorse and shoulda woulda couldas. As a friend I try to let him know he speaks vainly to me about how happy he is when you can see right through it. He seems blind to his self portrayal.
Mindbender
Mindbender

Back to top Go down

Post  april77 Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:45 pm

Open Self- I am a very shy person. I dont like people knowing anything about me, especially the ones I dont trust.
Hidden Self - I love to play pool and help my dad work on vehicles. Also I love being outside during the night. There is hardly anyone out at night and the stars are out.
Blind Self - I have a friend who is willing to do anything for her boyfriend to make him happy. But he doesnt do anything with her to make her happy. But she says she's happy with him but I believe that she is honestly miserable.

april77

Back to top Go down

Post  BabyBear1 Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:07 pm

Open self- I am very outgoing and I like to meet knew people who have the same goals that I do.
Hidden self- I am very terrified of highway driving. Sometimes I get bad anxiety when I'm on the highway and I have to get off.
Blind self- My family thinks that I can be very mean at times but I never notice it.
BabyBear1
BabyBear1

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:12 pm

open self- I am a loud person who loves to laugh with my friends and family, but I am shy when I meet new people for about 20 minutes Very Happy After that, I am a very open person and will tell strangers about my whole life.
Hidden self- Sometimes I wish I could have more material things but then feel guilty because I know how blessed I am with all I have and I wouldn't trade those blessings for any material things.
Blind self-I don't listen to others very well. I always interupt people and I know my friends think it is annoying. I try to stop but it is really hard for me.

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Johari Window Empty =]

Post  French Vanilla. Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:30 pm

Open Self-- I love meeting new people. I'm very shy when you first meet me but after you get to know me, I'm very loud & could talk forever. I could sit in the house all day watching movies but I also love going out & having fun! I love going for walks on a nice day. I really hate cold weather.

Hidden Self-- I am very afraid of being judged by anyone for anything I do. I don't trust anyone at all, I have been lied to one too many times.

Blind Self-- My brother. He is a huge follower. Everyone see's in but him. Maybe he see's it too just doesn't want to admit it. He will listen to his friends, whatever they tell him to do he will do. He has gotten into trouble a few times because of this problem. He has always been like this and it will get worse. He always has to have brand name clothes because his friends do. It's just stupid. I hate followers and if anyone were to say something to him, he would get defensive. I think he knows, he just won't admit it to himself.

French Vanilla.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum