SMC - Interpersonal Communication
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice 1-2-3

+18
Maverick
Bernard
seeknpeek
French Vanilla.
91tsiawd
blacksheep
Worldfinalistbabe
april77
jelly314
~butterflykiss~
petie10
*pineapples and oranges*
BabyBear1
tweeter
lovex14x7
polishwoman
suz Q
Admin
22 posters

Go down

Advice 1-2-3 Empty Advice 1-2-3

Post  Admin Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:15 pm

We have all received advie in our lives. Today I want you to reflect on the best advice you have been given and why this has made such an impact on you.

Admin
Admin

https://smc-f08.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Advice 1-2-3 Empty Re: Advice 1-2-3

Post  suz Q Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:44 pm

i think that the best advise i was ever given is that you shouldnt take life so seriously, because when you do you end up focusing on the unimportant stuff and miss the fun and important things that life has to offer.

Last edited by suz Q on Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
suz Q
suz Q

Back to top Go down

Advice 1-2-3 Empty Best advice

Post  polishwoman Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:55 pm

I don't usually take advice, But I always get it. I'm trying to think of any good advice, my parents never gave me any, they were too b usy trying to feed us and keep us together. I think I remember in a Home Economics class I heard the advice that you should always marry a person wwho is the same religion as you are. With one husband, that didn't prove to be good advice. With my last advice, because we were practicing the same religion, but he interpreted it differently than me, we divorced.
polishwoman
polishwoman

Back to top Go down

Post  lovex14x7 Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:53 pm

The best advice given to me was from a friend. She told me that part of the song ' stay beautiful' by Taylor Swift reminded her of me.
You're beautiful Every little piece love, and don't you know You're really gonna be someone, ask anyone and When you find everything you looked for I hope your life leads you back to my door Oh but if it don't, stay beautiful
I was having a pretty crappy time, and she has always said random things to make me smile when i am crying. That advice has impacted me because when I am down and i feel like crap, I just listen to that song & think of my friend.
lovex14x7
lovex14x7

Back to top Go down

Post  tweeter Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:37 pm

Best advice I received was to make yourself happy over all. If you can't be happy, then life isn't going to be the same. if others want to help make your life happy, then let them, but don't live your life for someone else or waiting for that person to make you happy. Go out and do it yourself!!!
tweeter
tweeter

Back to top Go down

Advice 1-2-3 Empty Save Money

Post  BabyBear1 Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:50 pm

The best advice that I have been given is to save money. When I stayed with my mother I was spending my pay checks on stupid things. When I started dating my fiance 2 years ago, he advised me to save most of my pay checks instead of blowing them. Now I just save, save, save. It has really benefitted me because I don't have wait around until the next pay period to have money. I am never stressed out about money like a lot of other people I know.
BabyBear1
BabyBear1

Back to top Go down

Post  *pineapples and oranges* Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:15 am

To forgive and forget...you will never get anywhere in life if you don't because you will always be dwelling on the pastand not planning for the future.
*pineapples and oranges*
*pineapples and oranges*

Back to top Go down

Advice 1-2-3 Empty Advice

Post  petie10 Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:00 am

Surprised Well the best advice that I still receive is that no matter how grim your situation is you still have your health, don't take life for granted, always put your best foot forward becasue it can always be worse, but staying positive will keep you on the positive side.
petie10
petie10

Back to top Go down

Advice 1-2-3 Empty Advice

Post  ~butterflykiss~ Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:55 am

If its meant to be..it will come back and always be there for you. It took me a long time to figure this out, but now i understand because I have someone in my life that i can always trust and i know they will always love me and do anything for me.
~butterflykiss~
~butterflykiss~

Back to top Go down

Advice 1-2-3 Empty advice

Post  jelly314 Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:29 pm

the best advice that i was ever given was to never give up just because someone tells you that you are going to. This advice was given to me by a teacher

jelly314

Back to top Go down

Post  april77 Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:43 pm

The best advice that I was given was to be yourself not who people want you to be. You will find true friends just by being yourself. If people dont like you, they dont like you for who you are.

april77

Back to top Go down

Post  Worldfinalistbabe Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:46 pm

The best advice I have been given is to be myself. If people don't like me for who I am, then it's there loss. It is not my job to sit there and try to impress someone in order for them to like me. They should like me for who I am. Not what they want me to be. I'm not going to change my looks or change what I think about things just because someone else doesn't see things the same way. Thats not my job. My job is to be me.. and only me. =]

Worldfinalistbabe

Back to top Go down

Post  blacksheep Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:43 am

No matter what happens, life goes on. Some days are going to be good and others, well, are going to be a matter of picking up the broken pieces and putting them back together.
blacksheep
blacksheep

Back to top Go down

Post  91tsiawd Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:20 pm

The best advice given to me was told to just be myself, because if people dont like you for who you are then what good are they to you.
91tsiawd
91tsiawd

Back to top Go down

Advice 1-2-3 Empty advice.

Post  French Vanilla. Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:47 pm

I have had a lot of amazing advice. I can't think of advice people have given me off the top of my head but the best advice I have is never regret, the past is the past. You have to deal with your mistakes because nothing can change them. You can try to forget them but they will always be there.

French Vanilla.

Back to top Go down

Advice 1-2-3 Empty RE: Advice

Post  seeknpeek Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:31 pm

I thinks the best advice I ever received from anyone was from my father who told me "Son always treat others the same way you want to be treated." I really can not think of any better advice then that. If you want to be treated with respect, you have to give it and earn it. My father and I had many talks about that issue of which I will never forget.
seeknpeek
seeknpeek

Back to top Go down

Post  Bernard Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:55 pm

My dad used to always tell me No guts no glory. I think some of the best advice I have ever gotten was dont worry so much, because everthing will work out in the end. You just have to trust. Everyone has posted good advise though.

Bernard

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:54 pm

The best advice I have ever gotten is from my parents telling me to never give up on anything easily, that way you live your life with no regrets and can feel you gave it your all when and if it doesn't work out in the end.

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post  harley22 Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:49 pm

The best advice Ive ever gotten was to do what makes you happy, be honest with everyone and keep smiling.

harley22

Back to top Go down

Advice 1-2-3 Empty reply 123

Post  85sunkistcaprice Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:41 pm

my best advice that was given to me was to let no one ever bring you down because you are only making them happy when they see you mad

85sunkistcaprice

Back to top Go down

Post  polarbear Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:47 am

The best advice I have ever recieved was from some of "the old timers" at my work. They all told me when I started you don't have to be busy just look busy. I didn't understand why at first but I soon realized even if you do more than everyone else on your line. If for one second you stop and take a breather you will be wrote up and sent home for wasting company time.

polarbear

Back to top Go down

Post  Mindbender Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:27 pm

There was once a time in my life when I had everything so out of place that I could not piece it together. Life was on the verge of a serious meltdown. I felt destructive, unrespondant, guilty, loveless, lost, hopeless, even though I was a happy go lucky guy and loved to party my life was a complete wreck. I was in a situation that had no good outcome from my perspective and then a wise old man told me that the key to life was in Proverbs 3:6.. It read, In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. There was nothing in the world more satisfying then to know that the master of the universe had a simple plan to happiness. Though I have made mistakes since then and have fallen into some of the same situations, the scripture still holds true and works without fail.
Mindbender
Mindbender

Back to top Go down

Post  suz Q Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:21 pm

i think that another great piece of advice that was given to me is shit'll buff out. meaning no matter how hard or bad things get, it will always get better. theres no where to go but up from the bottom.
suz Q
suz Q

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum