SMC - Interpersonal Communication
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you view racism? And do you think that it is still around today?

+4
BabyBear1
petie10
lovex14x7
suz Q
8 posters

Go down

How do you view racism? And do you think that it is still around today? Empty How do you view racism? And do you think that it is still around today?

Post  suz Q Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:46 pm

I believe that racism use to be a big problem back in say the 60's, not to say that it isnt still around to day, but i dont think that it is as violent and open as it was. In my house, we do not see color but more what a person is about. The kindness and caringness of there heart is what i care about, not the color of there skin. And to address what someone said in class today, there is now way that you can label an entire city as "THE MOST RACIST CITY" because of something that happend over thirty years ago, To that person i ask, Have you meet everyone in that city? If not then your statement is false. Until you meet everyone in that city that is "THE MOST RACIST CITY" you should take a step back and remember your own morals and views. I guess what i am trying to say is if you wish for people to not be so judgementle of your husband/ex-husbands race than you should not judge an entire city on what happend thirty years ago to one person that you know. It would kindof be contradictory of your own morals.

Last edited by suz Q on Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
suz Q
suz Q

Back to top Go down

How do you view racism? And do you think that it is still around today? Empty Re: How do you view racism? And do you think that it is still around today?

Post  lovex14x7 Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:51 pm

I view racism as anyone who is mistreaded because of the color of their skin.

and yes I believe it is around today. The sad thing is, I know a lot of people who hear racism comments and think nothing of it and almost see it as 'the norm', including myself at times.
lovex14x7
lovex14x7

Back to top Go down

How do you view racism? And do you think that it is still around today? Empty Re: How do you view racism? And do you think that it is still around today?

Post  petie10 Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:56 pm

Unfortunately it is all still around us maybe people are not as obnoxious about it today but its still around every corner Question
petie10
petie10

Back to top Go down

Post  BabyBear1 Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:07 pm

Racism is definately still around. I often notice it at certain grocery stores and banks. My mothers just moved to a new area and her neighbors are so racist it doesn't make sense. It's so sad that some people are so close minded in today's world.
BabyBear1
BabyBear1

Back to top Go down

How do you view racism? And do you think that it is still around today? Empty Views on racism

Post  polishwoman Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:47 pm

Yes, you are correct,I should not have sterotyped Edwardsburg as the "most racist city" , because I do not know everyone in that city. I apoligize to all who live in Edwardsburg. My statement, however, was not based on just one incidence 30 years ago; I just threw that in to add to the conversation.I only know about 200 people who live in Edwardsburg from when I used to live in and work there. I have heard racist talk from whites in that city, but that was about 10 years ago when I still lived there. I have seen some diversity in hiring since then, and I am so happy to hear that racism has not been taught to your age group growing up there. I do have a question for you, though, why are there so few Asians, African Americans, or Latinos living in Edwardsburg?
polishwoman
polishwoman

Back to top Go down

How do you view racism? And do you think that it is still around today? Empty racism..

Post  ~butterflykiss~ Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:28 pm

There is probably a low diversity in Edwardsburg because the different race's roots originate from other places. NOT because of racism. I am from Edwardsburg and I am not racist but you know what I think, everyone is entitled to an opinion, and if they want to hate then let them hate. Who cares. Your the only one letting it bother you! Very Happy
~butterflykiss~
~butterflykiss~

Back to top Go down

How do you view racism? And do you think that it is still around today? Empty Racism

Post  seeknpeek Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:58 pm

I too, believe racism is still prevelent in american society. When 911 happened, how many of you immediately looked upon people from the mideast as all being terrorist? I know I wondered about a few from our hometown. Or how about the Presidential campaign? Now Obama is being labeled as one of them because of his middle name. Racism can be anti productive in the workplace. A black manager telling a white subordinate what to do. Racism, in my opinion is very dangerous.
seeknpeek
seeknpeek

Back to top Go down

Post  harley22 Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:49 pm

I still think that racism is around today but it may not always be as obvious to everyone.

harley22

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum