SMC - Interpersonal Communication
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assassination attempt

+5
BabyBear1
tweeter
~butterflykiss~
lovex14x7
91tsiawd
9 posters

Go down

Assassination attempt Empty Assassination attempt

Post  91tsiawd Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:28 pm

Did anyone hear about the assassination attemp against Barack Obama? Read the article below and tell what you think should be punishment for these people.

(CNN) -- Federal prosecutors charged two men with plotting a "killing spree" against African-Americans that would have been capped with an attempt to kill Sen. Barack Obama while they wore white tuxedos, federal officials said Monday.

The U.S. attorney's office in Jackson, Tennessee, said Daniel Cowart, 20, and Paul Schlesselman, 18, were self-described white supremacists who met online through a mutual friend.

Both men have been charged with illegal possession of a sawed-off shotgun, conspiracy to rob a federally licensed gun dealer and making threats against a presidential candidate.

The men planned to kill more than 100 African-Americans, including 14 who would be beheaded, according to the affidavit. But federal law enforcement sources said there was no evidence Cowart, of Bells, Tennessee, and Schlesselman, of West Helena, Arkansas, had any details of Obama's schedule.

"We take this very, very seriously but we see no evidence these guys have the ability or the wherewithal to pull off what they say they wanted to do," one law enforcement source said.

According to an affidavit from the federal agent who questioned them, Cowart and Schlesselman planned to charge at Obama with a car, firing from the windows as they went. They would be dressed in white tuxedos and top hats during the attempt, the affidavit states.

Cowart and Schlesselman were arrested outside Jackson, about 75 miles east of Memphis, Tennessee, after an aborted robbery attempt last week, according to court records.

Though they told investigators they would be willing to die in their mission, the men backed out of their October 21 attempt to rob the gun dealer after spotting two cars and a dog at the home, the affidavit states. The men also shot out the window of a church on their way back to Cowart's grandfather's home, where they were arrested the next day.

Cowart and Schlesselman made their initial appearances before a federal judge Monday and are scheduled for a bond hearing Thursday in Memphis.
91tsiawd
91tsiawd

Back to top Go down

Assassination attempt Empty Re: Assassination attempt

Post  lovex14x7 Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:00 pm

Yes, I heard about this and I'm in shock that someone would have such a sick mind to want to plan to kill another person.
lovex14x7
lovex14x7

Back to top Go down

Post  ~butterflykiss~ Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:58 pm

That is just rediculous. People like that are worthless cowards with no respect for anyone, not even themselves. They deserve to go to hell if you ask me...
~butterflykiss~
~butterflykiss~

Back to top Go down

Post  tweeter Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:12 am

I did read about this a week or so ago. It is surprising how racist some people can be. The idea that they were going to go on a killing spree and kill quite a number of African Americans and then thier final target was to be Barack Obama. Amazing that there is so much hate in the world, that someone thinks it is the right thing to do to murder another human being for being different than they are. People need to stop judging other people and accept that they are different adn that if it does not affect thier life, then they can just walk away from whatever it may be that they don't like.

To hope that history never repeats itself in that sense where another President (or President-elect/canidate) of the United States ever is assasinated. Disappointing to know that we actually have American terrorists that wish to do our country harm.
tweeter
tweeter

Back to top Go down

Post  BabyBear1 Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:01 pm

I'm sure there will be many more attempts to kill Obama. It's so sad that some people can't accept the fact that he is our president.
BabyBear1
BabyBear1

Back to top Go down

Assassination attempt Empty RE: Assasination Attempt

Post  seeknpeek Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:23 am

It is a sad state of affairs in this nation that when you don't agree with someone's outlooks on life, their skin color, their religion or for any other reason that you just kill them or plan to kill them. This is what happened to Robert Kennedy in California and George Wallace of Alabama. Both men were running for the presidency and Kennedy was shot and killed and Wallace was shot and ended up in a wheelchair for the rest of his life.
seeknpeek
seeknpeek

Back to top Go down

Post  harley22 Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:21 pm

I think that its horrible that there are still people in the world like that today. They should have to go through some type of long neurological testing.....people like that don't change and should be constantly watched.

harley22

Back to top Go down

Assassination attempt Empty Assasination attempt

Post  polishwoman Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:55 pm

Yes, I heard just the basic info about them wanting to kill Obama, but not the other stuff about murdering and beheading black people. These young men are very sick, and need to be charged and assessed by a psychologist. I was astounded that they were from Tennesse, where my granddaughter lives with her mom. I forgot how old these guys were. We must remember that HATRED IS LEARNED BEHAVIOR, an investigate who or what poisoned their minds about why skin color should be a basis for prejudgement.
polishwoman
polishwoman

Back to top Go down

Post  suz Q Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:36 pm

I THINK THAT THESE TWO GENTLEMEN SHOULD BE GIVIN THE PUNISHMENT OF HAVING TO LISTEN TO RAP MUSIC 24/7 FOR THE REST OF THERE LIFES.
suz Q
suz Q

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum